Sunday, June 24, 2012

Playlist for DRIVING MR. DEAD



I am so sorry I haven't posted this before. 

In Driving Mr. Dead, I mentioned that the main character, Miranda, is a heavy iPod user and has a lot of playlists to help her cope with driving long distances (and calls from her mother), including the "I Haven't Seen A Starbucks In Three Hours" playlist and the "Jason the Lying Ex-Fiance Called" playlist.  A reader asked me to compile one master list for Miranda, so I made a list of the music I listened to while I was writing.  The upbeat rock-pop songs are usually meant to cheer Miranda up or keep her awake when she's been driving for too long.  The slightly more somber songs were for Miranda and Collin's quieter moments.


"Liar" - Henry Rollins
(Also known as Jason the Lying Ex-Fiance's Ringtone.)

"How You Like Me Now"  - The Heavy

Trouble - Pink
(Because that's Miranda.  Walking, talking trouble.)

"Corrupt" - Depeche Mode
(This is Collin's theme song.   Because, yeah.)

"So What" - Pink

"I Love Rock'n'Roll" - Joan Jett

"Rolling in the Deep" - Adele

"La Grange" - ZZ Top
(For some reason, this song makes me think of road trips.)

"Howlin' For You" - The Black Keys

"Ships in the Night" Matt Kearny

"Dog Days Are Over" - Florence and the Machine

"Juicy" - Better Than Ezra

"Someone Like You" - Adele

"Breathe Me" - Sia

To order Driving Mr. Dead, click here.

1 comment:

Stéphanie said...

Love it! I think Trouble by Pink is so appropriate!